> Thus far I've only been able to get puppet to run without making the
> firewall persistent.

In the case of running the exec save-rules in the post: it's no good if
your hosts are at all dynamic since it only runs after the main stage. So
if you have an existing host, add another normal firewall rule, that rule
will get added on the next puppet run. But since the firewall drop rule
that exists in the post stage has already been pushed out, the post bits
never get called, and thus the firewall rules are not saved and your update
will be lost at boot.

I'm hoping something happens in development since there has not been a new
revision in a little while and the github patches are stacking up.

Cheers