On 16-04-2012 12:55, Josh Cooper wrote:
Hi Marco,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Marco Parra D. <marco.parr...@gmail.com <mailto:marco.parr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi guys, I trying to modify a file on Windows using puppet,  I got
    a template file like this:
    [default]
    host = SOmeNAme

    [WinEventLog:Security]
    disabled = 1

    is copied using puppet to the windows machine as C:\Program
    Files\Soft1\inputs.conf

    And I need to replace the host line with the real name of the
    windows machine:

    i.e.: host = machine1

    Is this possible using puppet for windows?

    Regards.

Yes, definitely. You should be able to specify the file content parameter as a template:

  file { 'C:\Program Files\Soft1\inputs.conf':
    ensure => present,
    content => template('module/template.erb')
  }

and then in your template template.erb, you can have it resolve the value of the host property using the agent's hostname fact:

  host = <%= @hostname %>

This page provides more information about puppet templates: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/templating.html

Josh

--