On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Romeo Theriault
<romeo.theria...@maine.edu>wrote:

> Unfortunately, solaris
> doesn't have a cron.d directory where we can drop crontab files
> either.

Are you talking about /var/spool/cron/crontab on Solaris?  (think that's
the right path)

It won't reload them without being kicked. But, you can play tricks with it
by dropping the file there, then reload it by invoking "crontab" and
feeding it the new file. You might have to massage it to get things to work
properly, but it should be possible (ie. I've done it this way, manually,
in a previous life).