All-

I've been working through our local manifests with puppet-lint, trying
to make certain we're as prepared as possible for puppet 3.x.  I would
like for our manifests to be warning-free.  The class of warnings
related to long lines has me questioning what the best practice is to
avoid lines longer than 80 characters.

The two big offenders are URLs:

class foo {
  yumrepo { 'some-repo':
    baseurl  =>
'http://some-relatively-long-domain.com/some-path/centos$releasever/$basearch',
    gpgcheck => '1',
    descr    => 'Some Yum Repository',

and obviously file resources:

class bar {
  file {'/path/to/some/convenience/symlink':
    ensure => file,
    target =>
'/path/to/some/unfortunately/extremely/deep/file/that/we/want/to/manage/with/puppet',

but even "content" can at times exceed 80 columns.

I know I could be creating variables to help with line length, a la:

class foo {

  $url_base = 'http://some-relatively-long-domain.com'
  $url_path = '/some/url/path'

  yumrepo { 'some-repo':
    baseurl  => "${base_url}${url_path}",
    gpgcheck => '1',
    descr    => 'Some Yum Repository',

But that seems suboptimal, especially if there are things in the URL
(like $releasever/$basearch) that need to be preserved verbatim (they're
not puppet variables, they're for yum).

Is there a better way to break up long lines, perhaps a "join" function
I've missed that would allow me to do something like

class foo {
  yumrepo { 'some-repo':
    baseurl  => join(
      '',
      'http://some-relatively-long-url.com',
      '/some-path/centos$releasever/$basearch'
    ),
    gpgcheck => '1',
    descr    => 'Some Yum Repository',

Thanks,