Greetings. I am trying to set up a test puppet server in my
environment to evaluate windows clients. On the server side, I am
using puppet 2.7.14 (from the repos). I'm using the 2.7.14 windows 64
bit on the client (windows 2008 R2). I have another puppetmaster
already using "puppet" hostname in DNS (running a very old version of
puppet - can't upgrade yet for various reasons), so on the client side
I am specifying the myserver01.example.com as part of the install.

 I am getting the following errors on my windows client:

err: /File[C:/ProgramData/PuppetLabs/puppet/var/lib]: Could not
evaluate: Could
not retrieve information from environment production source(s)
puppet://myserver01.example.com/plugins

err: /Stage[main]//File[C:/myfiles/engine/engine.exe]: Failed to
generate additional
 resources using 'eval_generate: Server hostname 'myserver01' did not
match serv
er certificate; expected one of myserver01.example.com,
DNS:myserver01.example.com, DNS:
puppet, DNS:puppet.example.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.