Hi Matt,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Matt F <mfan2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I deleted & regenerated the cert. Now I'm getting the errors below. I have
> never switched puppetmaster servers, but I do have another puppetmaster
> server that has the dns alias 'puppet'. However, the client should not be
> accessing that server.
>
> Running Puppet agent on demand ...

This tells me you're running puppet through the desktop shortcut.

> info: Retrieving plugin
> info: Caching certificate_revocation_list for ca
> err: /File[C:/ProgramData/PuppetLabs/puppet/var/lib]: Could not evaluate:
> Could
>
> not retrieve information from environment production source(s)
> puppet://myserver01.example.com/plugins
> info: Caching catalog for devsttst01
> info: Applying configuration version '1337805313'
> err: /Stage[main]//File[C:/myfiles/engine/engine.exe]: Failed to generate
> additional
>  resources using 'eval_generate: Server hostname 'myserver01' did not match
> server certificate; expected one of myserver01.example.com,
> DNS:myserver01.example.com, DNS:puppet, DNS:puppet.example.com
> err: /Stage[main]//File[C:/myfiles/engine/engine.exe]: Could not evaluate:
> Server hostname 'myserver01' did not match server certificate; expected one
> of myserver01.example.com, DNS:myserver01.example.com, DNS:puppet,
> DNS:puppet.example.com Could not retrieve file metadata for
> puppet://myserver01/files/engine/engine.exe:
> Server hostname 'myserver01' did not match server certificate; expected one
> of myserver01.example.com, DNS:myserver01.example.com, DNS:puppet,
> DNS:puppet.example.com at /etc/puppet/manifests/site.pp:8
> notice: Finished catalog run in 0.28 seconds

Can you stop the puppet agent, e.g. net stop puppet, delete the ssl
certificates as Jeff described, perform the steps described in the
'Start Command Prompt with Puppet'[1], and run 'puppet agent --test
--debug'

Thank you,
Josh

[1] http://docs.puppetlabs.com/windows/running.html