>On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Jared Ballou
><jbal...@jballou.com> wrote:
>> I ran into this issue when Active(Record|Model|Support) had a version
>> higher than 3.0.11. I'm running RHEL6 x64 with Ruby 1.8.7
>from RPM and
>> MySQL gem 2.8.1 built from source, if that rings true for you. Which
>> versions of the installed gems do you have? And if you run the puppet
>> master as
>> puppet master --no-daemonize -vd
>> does it give any pertinent output for us to look at?
>
>Thanks for the quick response, Jared.  It all sounds far too
>familiar :-)
>
>I'm running a RHEL 5.8 x86_64 server here.  Ruby is 1.8.7-299 from
>aegisco's repository and rubygems-1.8.5 from the same location.
>
>I did try with activerecord-3.2.6 but quickly ran into
>http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/9290 so downgraded to 3.0.15.
>Based on your message I've tried both 3.0.11 and 3.0.10 and still have
>the same results.

Are you perhaps running into a max db connection issue (this should be recorded
in logs).

We set something like wait_timeout=60 in our mysql my.cnf to kill "idle"
connections that don't seem to get properly reused.

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the
intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication and any copies immediately. Thank you.

http://www.encana.com