I saw a post a little while back about this, but didn't see the
details of the solution. So I'm posting to see if someone can explain
to me the correct way to do this in puppet 2.7+.

I have a variable "ldap_server" that is used inside some templates.
Some of my nodes use ldap1.company.com an some use ldap2.company.com.
So in puppet 2.6 and earlier I have:

node A {
    ldap_server = "ldap1.company.com"
    include ldap_config
}

node A {
    ldap_server = "ldap2.company.com"
    include ldap_config
}

I understand that in 2.7 this behavior is deprecated because of how
variables are looked for and this behavior will stop working in 2.8.
So what is the correct way to handle this in 2.7?

Thank you.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe