Felix,

Thanks for the reply.  That's a good point about the potential security
hole.  Ironically, it would be good news if my ISP doesn't permit it.

Here's my task in a nutshell: I've been processing the entirety of an email
folder using a program called HyperMail, which converts individual messages
to individual HTML files.  Since the folder grows by anywhere between one
and six messages per day, it takes progressively longer to process.  I was
hoping to use puppet to listen for new mail and to process it on the fly.

The gory details of my project can be found
here<http://puppetandpoetry.blogspot.com/>.
 I've barely gotten started, so I'm certainly open to other approaches.

Regards,

Paul