I just thought I'd report that I've implemented a procmail rule to create a
transient folder containing only new, unprocessed haiku that is then
processed by Hypermail into an HTML file.  Further post-processing strips
the email header and footer, leaving only the haiku, and concatenates it to
the existing archive.  This still requires the execution of a script.
 Ideally, I'd like the act of receiving a new email to trigger the
execution of the script.  I'm thinking that procmail can do this as well,
but I haven't figured out the syntax.  To be continued...