I am using puppet to control my master, but currently when the agent runs
(on the master) I am getting "err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote
server: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate
B: certificate verify failed.  This is often because the time is out of
sync on the server or client"

What else can be the cause of this? The time can't be out of sync - it's
the same VM that is both Agent and Master.

I have been able to successfully sync this way before but this is a dev
environment so have been playing with my manifests and modules a lot.

I have not, however, touched my certs since those got working.