Hi

I my 5 cents:

I first use vim-puppet (syntax highlighting for puppet manifests in
vim while creating my manifest) To create my manifests

Then I use
- puppet parser validate file.pp (Validate the syntax of one or more
Puppet manifests).

- puppet-lint file.pp (Check that your Puppet manifest conform to the
style guide) this one must installed using gems package manager: gem
install puppet-lint

Usually inside a loop to check many files at a time

Check all .pp files in a directory
find -name '*.pp' | xargs -n 1 -t puppet parser validate
find -name '*.pp' | xargs -n 1 -t puppet-lint

Best regards
Juan Sierra Pons                                 j...@elsotanillo.net
Linux User Registered: #257202       http://www.elsotanillo.net
GPG key = 0xA110F4FE
Key Fingerprint = DF53 7415 0936 244E 9B00  6E66 E934 3406 A110 F4FE