On Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:40:11 AM UTC-5, Erik Dalén wrote:

> Have you had a look at the functions in puppetlabs-stdlib?
> There's a bunch of functions for dealing with hashes and iterating
> over them there, keys() for example could be helpful in this case.

Also, when you have the choice, I think it usually works better to design
your manifests first and then fit the data structure to them, as opposed to
designing the data structure first and trying to fit manifests to that
structure.

Also, if you're having trouble modeling a complex resource, then that may
be a sign that what you really need is a custom type (I know, bleeding eyes
and all that, but still...).

John