I'm not sure, but I think I've come across a bug in
the puppetlabs-nginx module.

Changing the manifest does not always change the resulting nginx
config. Here's a fairly minimal example, if I have:

  node foo {
    nginx::resource::vhost { 'foo.example.com':
      ensure  => present,
      www_root    => '/opt/foogeneral/share/html',

  I get valid nginx vhost config in vhost_autogen.conf. If I then
change the manifest as
  follows and re-run puppet apply, I get *no* change to
  vhost_autogen.conf.

  nginx::resource::vhost { 'foo.example.com':
    ensure => present,
    www_root => '/opt/foogeneral/share/html',
    ssl      => true,
    ssl_cert => '/tmp/server.crt',
    ssl_key  => '/root/server.key',
  }

Furthermore, if I manually `rm /etc/nginx/conf.d/vhost_autogen.conf`,
it does not get recreated, which results in a broken, invalid nginx
config. I can cause it to be recreated by also removing the temporary
location that is used to assemble this file, /tmp/nginx.d.

I'm not sure whether adding ssl attributes is the only situation that
results in no change in the nginx config.

By contrast, for example, if I change the value of the www_root
attribute, the config is changed as expected.

I don't think this is the desired behaviour as described in the
documentation in
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-nginx/blob/master/manifests/resource/vhost.pp.
It's certainly not what I'm looking for. I have an old nginx module
that I wrote that is badly unconventional in various ways, so I wanted
to switch to a puppetlabs module, but this appears to be broken. Can
anyone confirm whether I'm correct or whether I'm just doing it wrong
somehow?

fedora17
puppet: 2.7.18
puppetlabs-nginx: 0.0.1