On Monday, August 27, 2012 1:48:40 PM UTC-5, Ryan Coleman wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Shantanu <knowsh...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply Ryan. I haven't made any changes after cloning
> > this module (commit 66d5ce9ae). Following are contents of dav_fs
> > manifest file:
> >
> > $ cat /etc/puppet/modules/apache/manifests/mod/dav_fs.pp
> > class apache::mod::dav_fs {
> >   Class[apache::mod::dav] -> Class[apache::mod::dav_fs]
> >   apache::mod { 'dav_fs': }
> > }
>
> Hi Shantanu,
>
> I did manage to replicate this. I apologize for the inconvenience!
> While this syntax works fine Puppet 2.7, we seem to have missed that
> it breaks in 2.6. Thankfully, it's a quick fix. Just enclose the class
> names in single quotes. We'll get this resolved for future users of
> the apache module.
>
> To fix, take this line:
> Class[apache::mod::dav] -> Class[apache::mod::dav_fs]
>
> Replace it with this:
> Class['apache::mod::dav'] -> Class['apache::mod::dav_fs']
>
> Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks for letting us know about
> this.

Thank you for looking into the issue Ryan.

Sorry for the late reply.

The syntax error got fixed by putting single quotes around class name while
including the class. But, then I got following error:
{{{
Failed to apply catalog: Parameter name failed: Could not find resource
type 'a2mod' at /etc/puppet/modules/apache/manifests/init.pp:65
}}}

I do have create_resources module installed on the server system. As a
temporary workaround, I have removed mod_dir variable definition from
params class to avoid a2mod resource call. I have verified that this error
doesn't occur with Puppet 2.7 version. I am planning to use Puppet 2.7 for
future tests.

Also, I am not sure why a2mod is being called on a CentOS system. Isn't
a2mod typically used by Debian variants?

--
Thanks,
Shantanu