Thanks Walter,

At this point in time the Zabbix server is not puppetized. If I could get
it puppetized, I'm guessing that the best approach (considering that the
only way to add new hosts is through the API) is for each client to export
a define with an exec resource which runs the script on the Zabbix server
when it realizes the define containing the exec during its own run. Is that
right?