I've just added a fact to github which on vmware hosts running linux runs
dmidecode and matches known bios address/ esx version to realize an ESX version
fact.

this information generated from
http://virtwo.blogspot.com/2010/10/which-esx-version-am-i-running-on.html

in limited testing on an esx 4.1 host, and a non esx host, it seems to not
create a fact unless it's a vmware host, and seems to properly set the version,
and fail to vmware-unknown if I change the 4.1 match

you can find it here

https://github.com/wolfspyre/vmware_puppetfact

feel free to let me know if something is incorrect, or could be done in a more
elegant fashion.

On Sep 24, 2012, at 4:45 PM, Elias Abacioglu <elias.r...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> I think that you can specify vmware version with a variable or something for
> the razors edge module..
>
> Otherwise I can soon try to publish my vmware tools module.. Though it's not
> written as nice as razorsedge

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message.
See http://www.datapipe.com/legal/email_disclaimer/ for further information on
confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communication. If you
cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send
the contents to you.