On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Forrie <for...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ChangeLog and the PR are not clear about this.  In fact, the
> documentation is vague and doesn't really mention allow_ip at all.   This
> should be updated and made more clear?

Forrie,

I agree this wasn't very clear.  I too had a hard time finding the
information until Matthaus pointed me in the right direction.  We're
currently working on updating the documentation at docs.puppetlabs.com
to be much more clear about the breaking changes in Telly that we're
aware of and we intend.  I think this information is important because
it can be hard to tell the difference between a breaking change we
intended to be a breaking change and a breaking change in behavior
that is actually a bug.

The current list of change for the 3.0.0 release will always be
available at the following URL:
http://links.puppetlabs.com/telly_breaking_changes

If you're still having trouble figuring out if a change in behavior is
intentional or is a bug, and the information at the above URL isn't
helpful, then please don't hesitate to ping me on IRC.  I'll be
hanging out in #puppet-dev all week and my #1 priority this week is
working with the community on 3.0.0 related issues.  My handle is
jmccune.

I hope this helps,
-Jeff