I've just built a staging system, to work out the issues I've been having
with Puppet 3.x.  We now have 3.0.1 installed there.

I am again running into this fileserver issue and the same errors.   I read
through some complaints here and I see mention that auth.conf is only able
to use allow_ip.  In that file, I have "allow *" under "path /file" which
should allow everyone.   I read that the allow_ip is not yet working for
fileserver.conf.  My fileserver.conf has "allow 192.168.0.0/24" which was
working until the upgrade.

So, can someone explain to me in plain english how we're supposed to get
this working properly now.   I read through more notes and I don't see
mention of this in upgrading, etc.   Perhaps I missed something -- I just
want to get it working.  If it's an outstanding but that is preventing
Puppet from working right now, I would think this would be a high-priority
fix :-)

Thanks.