In regard to: Re: [Puppet Users] anchor pattern and class containment...:

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Tim Mooney <tim.moo...@ndsu.edu> wrote:
I thought I understood why 'anchor' is part of stdlib, but after
re-reading both

I suspect Dan & John have covered this well enough for you but I
wanted to point out a nice piece of the Puppet reference manual that
covers this.
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/2.7/reference/lang_containment.html#known-issues

Thanks Ryan, and thanks especially for the rewritten reference.  I haven't
been through all of it yet, but the parts I've seen are excellent.

It explains things better than I ever could. If it's still not clear
enough, please consider filing a ticket against our docs for
improvement: https://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet-docs

I created

  https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/16783

which mentions what I think might be a bug in the second example on that
page and also asks for a little clarification.

Thanks again for the pointer to the docs!

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu