On Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:08:21 AM UTC-5, Sean Millichamp wrote:

> Tom,
>
> It seems like having that as a parameter in the service type might be a
> good idea worthy of at least some further discussion.

"[T]hat" refers to an SELinux context in which the service management
commands are supposed to be executed?

> Want to open a
> feature request in Redmine to track it? I might (eventually) take a stab
> at adding support for it.

As you might infer from my other response, I think that's altogether the
wrong approach.  Puppet should not provide such a parameter, because it
invites users to misconfigure their systems (by using the proposed
parameter as a workaround).  Services' configuration and the system tools
should control services' runtime parameters, including their SELinux
context.  Otherwise, the service cannot be started properly during system
initialization, and it can easily be (re)started incorrectly during manual
administration.

John