I admire your conviction but keep in mind that Red Hat and others have done
a similar thing and it's only been good for the community.  Perhaps you
don't use RHEL, but you certainly use one of the many innovations that were
funded by dollars that came from RHEL subscriptions.

I also think you're being overly dramatic and exaggerating when you say
that it's "treated like a red headed step-child".  We disagree but I think
what's changed is pretty minor in the big scheme of things.

Jeffrey.