On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 02:19:25AM -0700, Gavin Williams wrote:
> Morning all
>
> Not sure on the best place to raise this, so thought I'd start here...
>
> I'm starting to work with Puppet and Oracle Linux 6.1.
> Unfortunately I'm finding a lot of existing modules aren't working with OL
> 6.1, because they're coded to expect an operatingsystem fact of oel.
> However at OL 6, the operatingsystem fact is now OracleLinux.
>
> Any ideas on where this issue should go?
>
> Cheers
> Gavin

Do you mean core functionalities of puppet or modules from the forge or
elsewhere from the net?

If you think that there should not be a difference between
"OracleLinux", "OVS" and "OEL" (I don't even know what they stand for)
you might comment on http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/9178 that
introduced the OracleLinux fact or raise an issue.

If there is a coretype that does not work for you also create a ticket
on redmine. Most providers for example that will run on all RedHatish
versions should not confine on operartingsystem but on osfamily.

-Stefan