Hi all

Following on from my previous post Puppet Network
Devices..<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/puppet-users/fuXshtYmhhk>I've
 now started work on creating a NetApp network device provider for
Puppet...

I'm trying to start simply by just gathering some facts from our filers.

The code soo far is available here:
https://github.com/fatmcgav/shrug-netapp/ Credit to the original author
shrug for setting out the framework...

Anyhow, onto my first challenge.

I've downloaded and added the relevant NetApp SDK files into *
modules/shrug-netapp/lib/puppet/util/network_device/netapp/* as shown below:

$ ls -l modules/shrug-netapp/lib/puppet/util/network_device/netapp/
> total 88
> -rw-r--r--. 1 puppet puppet   924 Nov  2 17:13 device.rb
> -rw-r--r--. 1 puppet puppet  8229 Nov  2 17:16 DfmErrno.rb
> -rw-r--r--. 1 puppet puppet   228 Nov  2 17:00 facts.rb
> -rw-r--r--. 1 puppet puppet  9451 Nov  2 17:16 NaElement.rb
> -rw-r--r--. 1 puppet puppet 36089 Nov  2 17:15 NaErrno.rb
> -rw-r--r--. 1 puppet puppet 19036 Nov  2 17:15 NaServer.rb

The NaServer class is then included within the device.rb file above.
However Puppet is currently failing with:

> Info: starting applying configuration to actint-star-nactl01 at
> actint-star-nactl01
> Error: Could not run: no such file to load -- NaElement

This NaElement file is require'd by the NaServer class.
However it seems to be failing due to the include path not including the
NaElement.rb file...
Therefore I'm guessing that Puppet/Ruby is looking for the NaElement file
in some default location, rather than the same location as the NaServer
class...

I've generated the same error on some tests scripts by moving the NetApp
SDK files into a sdk sub folder, and then just *"require sdk/NaServer"* in
my script, which generates a very similar error:

> ruby hello_ontapi.rb  192.168.35.118 root xxx
> ./sdk/NaServer.rb:21:in `require': no such file to load -- NaElement
> (LoadError)
>         from ./sdk/NaServer.rb:21
>         from hello_ontapi.rb:24:in `require'
>         from hello_ontapi.rb:24