I'm also having the same issue on the other locations. Not sure what's
wrong since this is a default installation of puppet 3 with the original
auth.conf

Error: /Stage[main]/Puppetdb::Master::Routes/File[/etc/puppet/routes.yaml]:
Could not evaluate: Error 403 on SERVER: Forbidden request:
puppet2.puppet.test(192.168.168.10) access to
/file_metadata/modules/puppetdb/routes.yaml [find] at :102 Could not
retrieve file metadata for puppet:///modules/puppetdb/routes.yaml: Error
403 on SERVER: Forbidden request: puppet2.puppet.test(192.168.168.10)
access to /file_metadata/modules/puppetdb/routes.yaml [find] at :102

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 403 on SERVER:
Forbidden request: puppet2.puppet.test(192.168.168.10) access to
/catalog/puppet2.puppet.test [find] at :101
Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

Error: Could not send report: Error 403 on SERVER: Forbidden request:
puppet2.puppet.test(192.168.168.10) access to /report/puppet2.puppet.test
[save] at :102

Maybe it is a naming resolution issue ? I'm using /etc/hosts since this is
a vagrant environment only for testing purposes.

If I start updating auth.conf to use 'auth no' everywhere it passes.

I don't see the problem on my production servers, so it worries me more :)