Hi, Forrie,

I see a handful of problems here:

* First, you can't comment out the "path /file allow *" rule in auth.conf,
because Puppet actually uses that for pluginsync and for files in modules!
What you have to do is have BOTH the new rule I gave you AND the old one,
but make sure the new one comes FIRST so that it can prevent the broader
rule from being applied to the specific mount point you're trying to
protect.

* Second, you copied my example "path ~ ^/file_(metadata|content)/files/"
URL, but it looks like the actual mount point you're using is named "[etc]"
in fileserver.conf. That means you should change the rule to "path ~
^/file_(metadata|content)/etc/". You can see in the logs that the rule
isn't matching the requests, both because the URL is wrong (
/file_metadata/etc/ntp.conf, whereas the rule is expecting
/file_metadata/files/ntp.conf) and because it's citing line 100 or 102 of
auth.conf (meaning it skipped the rule).

* The IP address COULD be a problem, since you're connecting to the master
from 127.0.0.1. Right now, it looks like you have a literal "example.com"
in auth.conf and your real domain elsewhere, which would be a problem, but
you probably just missed that when editing out your site-specific details.
IF there's still an example.com in your auth.conf, and I realize there's
probably not, you should replace it with your real domain.

Try fixing those and see where it gets you. Good luck!