On 11/26/2012 08:54 PM, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Jakov Sosic <jso...@srce.hr> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm wondering is there a way to manage ssh servers, in a way that every
>> machine has it's own key?
>
> I've used the "private" file server mechanism to serve out node sensitive
> files.

Thank you for the idea. Now only problem that is left is how to call a
script to generate keys if files are not accessible in private section :-/

I know one can do something like this:

  file { '/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub':
    ensure  => file,
    mode    => 0644,
    source  => [
      'puppet:///private/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub',
      'puppet:///modules/sshd/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub',
    ],
    require => Package['openssh-server'],
    notify  => Service['sshd'],
  }

and put some blank default files in there, but I would much prefer to
build the keys if they are not there, and I presume I need some puppet
magic here :-/

Any ideas?