I had the same setup issue.

Go to your CA server and copy the puppet master unique certname .pem  from
/var/lib/puppet/ssl/{certs,private_key/ to both your puppet master workers
and restart apache.

Also make sure to follow this:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/scaling_multiple_masters.html

The dns_alt_names part is very important:

 $ sudo puppet agent --test --dns_alt_names
"master2.example.com,puppet,puppet.example.com"

I hope it helps, I spent a few hours until I got it figured out :)

Regards,
Felipe