One thing I will say about that ( at least with RPM ) is that packaging
binaries and libraries in out of place locations can become an uphill
battle.  I've yet to find a clean way of getting RPM to let me have the OS
version of something, say curl or perl in /usr, and my own internal one in
/usr/local without it becoming a tangled mess.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Matthew Burgess <matthew.2.burg...@gmail.com