Hi,

I want to write a puppet module for xen on Debian. This module will need
to manage one line in the file /etc/default/grub, namely the line
starting with "GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN=". Currently I want to leave the rest of
the file untouched.

Which would be the best way to do this?

I see two options:

a) Do some `sed` magic on the file in a `exec` call. Downside: puppet
won't notice when the line gets manually changed.

b) Have some support for sections inside files, like this:

[... part of file untouched by puppet ...]
###
# BEGIN MANAGED BY PUPPET: IDENTIFIEROFPUPPETRESOURCE
###
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN='my options'
###
# END MANAGED BY PUPPET: IDENTIFIEROFPUPPETRESOURCE
###
[... rest of file untouched by puppet ...]

Is there support for something like this?

Cheers, Andreas.