On Tuesday, December 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM, roadtest wrote:

> I wish hiera documentation can be brought up to date soon. That is sure to
> help many people who just start using hiera.

We're a little further along today:

We've added documentation for the Hiera command line tool, which is useful for
testing your Hiera hierarchy and data sources outside the context of a
manifest. You can learn a lot about how Hiera works by starting with this tool:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/hiera/1/command_line.html

We've also fleshed out the documentation on Hiera data sources with examples
for YAML and JSON, demonstrating how to return strings, hashes, arrays and
interpolated Facter variables from your data sources:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/hiera/1/data_sources.html

Regards,
Michael

--
Michael Hall
Technical Writing and Toolsmithing at Puppet Labs