Thanks for the advice, I will use variables to define specific values,

Sincerely,

Bernard Granier

-----Original Message-----
From: puppet-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:puppet-users@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Mathis
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 6:09 PM
To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Puppet Users] puppet configuration and variables ?

Something like this would typically go in your manifest files, not the
puppet.conf file.  I think you will find the Puppet language guide instructive,
specifically the page on variables:
    http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/2.7/reference/lang_variables.html

You should think of Puppet as more of a development language than a tool that
you simply configure using a .conf file.  The site.pp is simply the entry point
into the structure you build with the manifests, and you can do quite a lot
with the language.

❧ Brian Mathis

#