Its puppet 2.7.x latest, I chain resources like this:

node 'puppetmaster-client' {
         include base::route53::r53server
         $primary_fqdn = 'puppetmaster.foo.bar'
         base::route53::r53delegation { ["$primary_fqdn.",'xyz.foo.bar.']:
} ->Class['base::route53::r53server']
}

Anyway, that is not that important although a bit annoying....I hope in 3.x
this will be fixed, time to put some effort to migrate anyway.