I found this information from F5-devcentral's guys:

*Versioning*

Contained within the Gem is the iControl Ruby Library and the
WSDLs<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Services_Description_Language>for the
most recent iControl
SDK
<https://devcentral.f5.com/wiki/default.aspx/iControl/F5Downloads.html>(currently
 v10.2.0). In order to keep things consistent, the first three
numbers in the version correspond iControl SDK version that provided the
WSDLs. The next ‘a’ signifies that this is an ‘alpha’ release, which will
be dropped in subsequent releases. Lastly, the final number signifies the
build number supplied by our local repository. Eventually when we deem the
library stable, the version number will look something like v11.2.1.678,
meaning that this future release was built using WSDLs from the version
11.2.1 iControl SDK and has a build number of 678.
**