Hi,
Here is the scenario:

I am on an ubuntu 12.04 host, and want to be able to run a puppet script on
another ubuntu 12.04 and Centos 6.3 host, which are VMWare VM's and be able
to:

1. Start / Stop The VM
2. Take a snap Shot
3. delete the VM
4. make a FRESH copy of a BASELINE VM, and start it up

I only have ssh capability to the remote machines, but i can also run the
ssh command via Jenkins ( Continuous Integration Server )

The search for this sort of capability leads me to :

The answers i found lead me towards using [perl api for VMware
orchestration.][1]

or [VirtuallyGhetto][2]

but cannot find puppet samples, where a user can get permissions to create
a VM SnapShot, and also revert it, without having root access, or admin
rights.

I also found [vmth][3] but VMTH currently only works in a QEMU+KVM
environment

  [1]: http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/viperltoolkit/index.html
  [2]:
http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/p/vmware-vsphere-sdk-for-perl-vi-perl.html
  [3]: https://github.com/gregretkowski/vmth/

to me this is something very basic, and SHOULD be available in puppet
natively, but i just cannot seem to find it.

Thanks,
-Kamal.