I think this issue is related to your issue since the version
discussed is 0.9.7.

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/17295

What you will need to do is more than likely is update the openssl on
the agent. I dont think it will work too well but you can try to take
the srpm from rhel 5 or 6 and build it for rhel 4