On Friday, February 15, 2013 10:51:06 AM UTC-6, Marc Bolós wrote:

> Dear John,
>
> I tryed as you suggested but I think I'm doing something wrong.
>
> I can also see this line is same:
>   $service_modules = hiera_array('service_modules')
>
> It is correct?
>
> Where do I define array of modules? where you write service_modules?

The code was intended as an example.  If you want to use it exactly as
written, then you must configure Puppet's "hiera" external data subsystem
on the master, and record the module list in a hiera data file (supposing
you use the YAML back end).  That has a lot of advantages, but if you don't
know what I'm talking about then you might be better off starting simpler.

A very simple proof of concept would be to put

$fw_modules = ['apache2', 'bind9', 'ssh']

(or whatever module list you want) at the beginning of your
manifests/site.pp (outside any node block), and replace each of the two
lines invoking hiera_array() with this:

$service_modules = $::fw_modules

Once you've satisfied yourself that it works (which it should), you can
figure out a more appropriate way to declare the shared data.

John