Dear John,

I tryed as you suggested, and didn't work.

I Found where is the problem that produces the failure in both cases. The
problem basically is that on all the nodes I'm using inherits definition
like:

node basenode {
    include shorewall
    include othermodules
}

node examplenode1 inherits basenode {
    include apache
    include bind
    include ssh
}

So I tryed debugging and on the template I added following lines:

<% classes.each do |k| -%>
<%= k %>
<% end -%>

Then I find that it only prints classes inside basenode:
shorewall
other modules

 If I declare host without inherits then, both procedures works, my first
and yours. And in this example , classes will print:
shorewall
other modules
apache
bind
ssh

It is pretty clear to me that this seems a puppet bug that does not parse
properly classes when you are using inherits in site.pp manifets.