Hi Kirk,

Sorry, I've only just noticed this thread. I've also experienced the same
problem. I've commented on this issue (although it might not be the correct
bug after all, since it's not quite the same problem):
https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/18812#note-1

It would be great to disable reverse lookup by default if possible
(although I must admit I'm using Ruby 1.8, so this might be difficult).
Trying to debug this issue is quite involved (Wireshark, strace...), and is
indeed an unnecessary distraction, especially in an initial test
environment, where I guess it's typical to find client nodes that don't
have a reverse DNS entry.

My guess is that Webrick performs a reverse lookup either for no reason at
all or for potential logging (this reverse lookup is turned off by default
in Apache Httpd as far as I know).

Best wishes,

Bruno.