On Friday, April 26, 2013 3:27:11 AM UTC-5, Gavin Williams wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Cheers for the response...
>
> N yeh, part of me almost doesn't want to relinquish control, as I know how
> it should work etc... However I am only 1 man, and cant keep up with
> current demands... ;)
>
> With regards to code deployment, the typical model is J2EE apps deployed
> into Glassfish 3 domains, so the applications would be sourced from Maven,
> and dropped into Glassfish... So i'm actually fairly confident with that...
>
> Plus it means we can actually start to get a degree of control over what's
> where in our env...
>
> Any other comments welcome...

Puppet is a state management tool, not a remote control tool.  For
development deployments, the latter is usually what's wanted.  For that,
you could consider PuppetLabs's MCollective, though there are other
alternatives.  Puppet would probably still have a role, however, in
ensuring that the deployment environment is set up as it needs to be.

John