Hello,

I've never looked at heira before. I'm looking into upgrading from 2.7 to
3, and it seems that heira is the recommended way to do things now. From
what I've read so far, it looks like one professed reason to use it is to
go from parameterized classes to hiera overrides, because I guess
parameterized classes are bad. So instead of:

class bar ($foo = 'blah') { ... }

One would have something like:

class bar { $foo = heira('bar::foo', 'blah') }

Is that correct?

I'm not yet sold on heira; so far it seems to just shift complexity outside
of the classes and add a little more in the process, with hierarchies and
stuff, and now I have data in multiple places... I still need case
statements to handle different OSes and stuff. Eh, we'll see. Maybe I just
haven't read something that explains the benefits well yet.

Josh