On 20.06.2013 00:34, Alessandro Franceschi wrote:
Having a curated repository of interoperable modules without a minimum
set of shared parameters would be a great drawback and a major lost
occasion.

Yes.

_A really reusable module HAS to be parametrized_.

Yes.

Somehow it also seems that some other people are doing the same with
them, given some figures from GitHub and the fact that about 100
different committers have improved or patched them.

Yes.

One of the reasons why I'm basically considering to thrash all this
"legacy" work and trying to promote and embrace wider standards is that
I definitively think that they can give great benefits  to Puppet's
modules ecosystem.

Yes.

Still this idea is not only mine, I've talked and shared it with various
other Puppetteers (some of them started to make  modules even before me
or you even knew what Puppet was) and the consensus is wide enough to
make me think that even without an explicit support from PuppetLabs, a
robust, coherent, shared and single repository  of Puppet modules made
by (some) community members can be done and can work well.

Yes.

Regards, David