This isn't about two masters, but two agents.

The reason being is permissions.. sudo, ldap, nfs, ntp, etc is managed by a
separate group. Everything else is up to us. We do not have access to that
master and they are using 2.7, while we would like to use the 3.x version.
It's not the best situation. Because our modules are written in 3.x syntax,
we cannot share modules because we use the newer features in 3.x vs 2.7.

The installation/run works fine and coexist with absolute path, as
recommended by R.I, just not with the renamed short command.

I'm just curious about the shortcut, because normally I would symlink to
the binary and it would be fine, but in this scenario when I symlink it
ends up using the command as an ARGV 0 value.

-John.