With hiera, you'll obviously need to sync your hiera data and hierarchy,
along with your modules and whatever else, between your masters.

For mcollective, There are ways to set up a network of brokers, both to
distribute load and to make sure that if a site gets separated, mcollective
will still work locally.
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/mcollective/deploy/middleware/activemq.html#settings-for-networks-of-brokers.

That entire page is actually pretty useful...