On 08/25/2013 02:17 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Jakov Sosic <jso...@srce.hr> wrote:
Only if you use autosign option. After the certificate is signed, agents
report certname and not hostname.

Well-behaved clients report certname. A malicious client could use one
cert, but report a different name. AIUI the puppet master checks the
certificate to allow connection, but uses the client-reported name to
pick the configuration served.

Hm, are you really sure about that? Can you demonstrate it?

I'm asking out of curiosity cause I've thought it can't be done.

--
Jakov Sosic
www.srce.unizg.hr