Hi,

I found 2.6 -> 2.7 to be quite pleasant. There are new deprecations, but
there was nothing in our manifests that broke or acted "funny".

Do have a test master and perform gratuitous --noop runs against it if
you're paranoid about this kind of thing. I know I am.

Stig's advice is very good, but be sure to restart your puppet master /
apache server before you audit your logs. The deprecation notices are
not shown throughout the lifetime of the puppet master. You will see
them from a fresh master process though.

HTH,
Felix