On 10/4/13 8:52 AM, jcbollinger wrote:

It shouldn't make a difference, I don't think, but how are those
declarations positioned in your original code?  Are they in a class /
definition / node block, or are they at top level?

In the file modules/nagios_config/manifests/init.pp, I have the functional equivalent of:

class nagios_config {

  if $im_supposed_to_be_monitored {
    notify {"Nagios Base: $fqdn $hostname $ipaddress": }
    @@nagios_host { $fqdn:
      ensure => present,
      alias => $hostname,
      address => $ipaddress,
      use => "linux-server",

...then in site.pp 'include nagios_config'.

Also, is there any chance of resource parameter overrides being in
play?  Specifically, overrides of the Nagios_hosts' 'ensure' parameters?

Nope.  I don't do any resource overrides in any of my manifests.

--
David Thompson
Waisman Center Brain Imaging and Behavior Lab