Yes, that dependency is solved with the puppetdb module upgrade to 3.0
Unfortunately, there are other interesting modules that still depend on
ripienaar, such as example42/sudo.
I guess I'll just have to wait for updates.

Thanks for your time.

On an unrelated issue (and since I'm still starting with modules), would
this list be a good place to present a new module for review?

--
Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers!