Hey;

Thanks for the reply.  Yes; having it under git control would be optimal.
 I tried having a separate repo for /etc/puppet/manifests (and still have
it); however, when I switch between testing and master, I still have to
remember to switch on the manifests repo.  I'm a UNIX admin.  We're lazy by
nature.

I tried the soft link that I mentioned above and it seems to work.  Pending
any other responses, I'll keep going with that:

# pwd
/etc/puppet/modules
# git branch
* master
  testing
# grep pm /etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp
node 'pm.olearycomputers.com'     { include base }

and switching:

# git checkout testing
Switched to branch 'testing'
# git branch
  master
* testing
# grep pm /etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp
node 'pm.olearycomputers.com' { include base,testing }

The only (minor) issue is that I'll have an extra nodes.pp file in my
production instance but since the soft link won't exist in prod, it won't
matter.

Thanks again for the response.  I appreciate it.

Doug O'Leary