Hi,

ENC description from puppetlabs can be found here:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/external_nodes.html

Or search/google for "puppet enc examples"
you will find sites like this:
https://github.com/rmt/puppetenc-ruby
http://wiki.unixh4cks.com/index.php/Simple_External_Node_Classifier%28ENC%29_for_puppet_in_python
http://seriousbirder.com/blogs/puppet-master-external-node-classifier/